San Mateo County’s #1
Bed Bug Exterminator
HeatRx provides expert bed bug removal services throughout San Mateo County.
Local and Trusted Bed Bug Exterminator
We provide bed bug extermination services to every community in San Mateo County. Click on your city name in the list below to find more information for your city. Our bed bug specialists are looking forward to help you become bed bug free!
Bed Bug Information in San Mateo County
Check here for local news and information about bed bug control in your county.
New Bed Bug Regulations:
- Tenants are required to notify their landlords, in writing, about any suspected bed bug infestation. They must also comply with inspections for bed bugs conducted by the landlord or Pest Control Operator (PCO)- (and are to be given advance notice of the inspection), and provide any helpful information to the inspector.
- Within two days of receiving a bed bug inspection report by a PCO, the landlord is required to notify tenants of the findings. If bed bugs are found in a common area, the landlord must notify all tenants.
- Landlords are prohibited from taking any retaliatory action against a tenant who notifies a landlord about a possible bed bug issue.
- Landlords cannot show or rent a unit with a known bed bug infestation. Landlords are not required to inspect the unit or common area, if they have no suspicion or knowledge of bed bugs. However, if the landlord should have reasonably been aware of the infestation, the landlord is deemed to have been on notice.
Landlords must include specific language in lease agreements to inform tenants of:
- How to identify bed bugs and the biology and behavior of bed bugs
- The importance of cooperation in the prevention and treatment of infestations
- The importance of reporting bed bug infestations to the landlord
- procedures for reporting infestations of bed bugs
- Website resources on bedbugs from the US Environmental Protection Agency and National Pest Management Association.
You can find the complete article at smcmvcd.org.
What Best Describes Your Situation?
Choose this option if you suspect you might have bed bugs, but don't know for certain. Our experienced bed bug inspectors will visit your property and conduct a detailed inspection.
Kind Words From Our Clients:
Job Well Done
“Amazing! You guys did such a great job! I left a review on Yelp, and I’ve actually never written a review before of a company in my life, so well done.“
by Sammy D.
We'll Work With You
“Jared was awesome, he was very knowledgeable and clarified all questions and explained all process throughout. “
by Dipak P.
Professional and Competent
“Very professional and competent and nice during a stressful time. Highly recommend Mr. Ellis and company to anyone who thinks they might have bedbugs.“
by Maya K.
Bed Bug Removal | Same Day Results
Featured Blog Posts
Our blogs explore the nature of bed bugs and how they affect you.
Is it possible to avoid getting bed bugs? Avoiding bed bugs is a little bit luck and a little skill. Some people may live their entire lives without the discomfort of bed bugs. Other people who no fault of their own may encounter and be forced to deal with bed bugs....
"Do-it-yourself" Bed Bug Inspection Guide You found this page because you suspect that you might have a problem with bed bugs. Bed bugs will leave tell tale signs of their presence in a home or office. The primary purpose of a bed bug inspection is to find...
How quickly does a bed bug population grow? The one thing that everyone seems to ask when they realize they have a bed bug problem, is "when did this problem start?" Or, "How long do you think they have been in my home?" I believe everyone likes to identify the...
Do you have questions about bed bug removal? Let’s talk.
Our team can get you bed bug free quickly. You don’t have to live with the bed bugs any more.
Invite us into your home for a FREE bed bug inspection. Take the first step in getting rid of the bed bugs once and for all.